Being pregnant is an exciting experience. I loved being pregnant because I was lucky; I had a good healthy pregnancy for the most part. However, I had a cousin that experience the opposite of my pregnancy. She had morning sickness, and she gained excess weight, swelling, bad acne, and more… I realize many moms aren’t enjoying their pregnancy because they don’t know how to overcome pregnancy obstacles. In this article, I will reveal some secrets to having a great pregnancy.
- Stay Fit and Prego
Exercising before, during, and post-delivery has impressive benefits to your body. According to the American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologist (ACOG) can decrease:
- Gaining a lot of weight or swelling
- Gestational Diabetes
- Lower Birth Weight
- Easier Birth
- Makes it easier to get back to your ideal weight post-birth
- Helps with morning sickness
Some exercises you can do but 1st always consult with your doctor.
ACOG recommends getting at least 30 minutes of moderate exercises per day by (ACOG)
- Walking on the treadmill (5 to 10 lb. dumbbells)
- Prenatal Yoga
- Walking (in the park, neighborhood, shopping centers)
- Try Pregnancy Workouts on Beachbody on Demand.
2. Don’t Eat For Five
The old saying goes, “you are eating for two,” but some people get out of control; I am sure you can think of some people like this, lol.
I recommend a balanced diet, but here are some great foods that can help your pregnancy.
- Sweet potatoes are full of vitamins like A and C and lower glycemic. Click here for 6 Sweet Potato Recipe Dishes
- Broccoli has Vitamin A, C, and Folic acid
- Cooked Fish is a low-fat protein (ask your doctor what type of Fish is safe and how much you should have?)
- Popcorn makes a good snack and adds fiber (my favorite is skinny popcorn)
- Collard Greens is my favorite; it has vitamins A, C, K, B6, Calcium, Iron, Magnesium, and much more nutrients.
- Quinoa a good source of protein, fiber, and lower glycemic
- Watermelon is full of water, will keep you hydrated. It has vitamins A, C, and lycopene (antioxidants)
- Cucumber water- use an infusion bottle for the slice cucumbers and a good source of water like Voss
3. How to Keep Your Skin on Fleek
I remember during my first pregnancy, everyone and their momma was giving me advice. My sister in law taught me the best lesson. She lifted her shirt and showed off her tummy. We all gasped, and she said, don’t let this happen to you. Her stomach looked like a dried wrinkle raisin. I left confused, she was small, and that still happened to her. I was determined this wouldn’t be my tummy, and I start researching. I will tell you in a few what I did and how my belly now looks.
- Up your water intake, you need to drink water more when pregnant. Get smart bottle water to remind you (Hydrate Spark) it will glow when you need to take a sip.
- I struggled with bad acne with my last baby. If you struggle with acne, I recommend JESSICA ALBA line, Honest Beauty 3-in-1 Detox Mud Mask; it’s natural and designed for moms.
- I use the Shea Moisture Manuka Honey & Yogurt Glow Getter Nourishing Cleanser. I live by this product. I use this every day before bed. I had some acne scars from my 1st pregnancy, and this product brightens those areas. Now I am not embarrassed to go outside without makeup; you can’t go wrong with this line. Shea Moisture, in general, has the right natural products, and I use it on my hair as well.
- Lastly, what I use to keep my tummy flawless. Palmers Cocoa Butter Pregnancy Cream. Lather all over your body in the morning, afternoon, and before bed. The key is to be consistent and try not to scratch your skin; instead, keep it moisturize while your skin is stretching.
4. Dress Like a Million Dollars
How you dress is how you feel. During pregnancy, you already feel nauseous or sick in the early trimester. By the third trimester, you feel like a huge beachball. So essential to dress stylish it will make you feel better, and your pictures look amazing. I will list some stores where you can get beautiful outfits and my stylish tips to make you feel like a celebrity.
- Lululemon – I know they don’t have a maternity line. Still, I wore a lot of yoga pants throughout my pregnancy. Most of my weight was in my tummy. I like that the leggings will stretch with your growing body, and they are stylish. You can pair it with a cute maternity top and some nice boots or sandals.
- Target- They have an incredibly reasonable maternity line and the cutest tops. I always like a nice white top for warmer weather like spring or summer. A white top will make your skin glow, and your baby bump will look spectacular.
- Old Navy– I love that they have a maternity starter kit; once again, I am in the tank top section. They are so cute and comfortable, and you layer by adding a casual or dressy jacket. I put tank shirts under hoodies, or I wear it solo on a hot sunny day. I also like the maternity pants that come over my belly to tuck and hold my baby bump.
- Fabletics– They offer maternity workout pants for fit moms like me. Fabletic pants are made comfortable for the gym or workouts at home. They run a monthly subscription, which is excellent for after birth. You won’t have time to do a lot of shopping. Get your workout clothes now!
Check out more fitness clothing here
5. Take Your Prenatals Vitamins
Taking your prenatal vitamins is essential, and it can help keep you and baby healthy. When I was expecting my son, it was a surprise. I was on birth control that made my cycle irregular. I didn’t realize I was pregnant for a couple of months, and I wasn’t taking prenatal vitamins. My gynecologist was very concerned and started the prenatal vitamins so the baby and I can get the proper nutrients. As a result, I was at high risk due to the baby, and I have a lower weight. With my next pregnancy, I started taking prenatal vitamins months before conceiving. I had a healthy pregnancy, no concerns, an average birth weight, and I gain the proper amount of weight for my size. You can get a prescription or over the counter prenatal vitamins. I also ask for a stool softener to prevent constipation.
Great over the counter prenatal vitamins
- 600 mcg Folic acid
- 27 mg Iron
- 1000 mg Calcium (might not have enough in prenatal vitamins, might have to add another supplement. Discuss with your doctor)
- 600 IU Vitamin D
Top Prenatal Vitamins
- Honest Prenatal by Jessica Alba *add more calcium.
- Pink Stork Liquid is excellent in reducing constipation*add more calcium.
- Actif Organic Prenatal Vitamins contain probiotic plus all the other nutrients needed. *add calcium
Some of the links on my blog are affiliate links, and at no additional cost to you; however, I will earn a small commission. I only recommend products that I use or will use to my readers. Thanks for your support.
Can I take prenatal vitamins before pregnancy?
Yes, it’s ideal to take prenatal vitamins 3 months before conception. The folic acid is needed in the 1st trimester for brain development .
- 5 WAYS MOMS CAN BUILD A POWERFUL IMMUNE SYSTEM - February 7, 2021
- 5 Amazing Pregnancy Exercises to Help Prepare for Labor - January 24, 2021
- 5 Top Vitamins Every Mom Should Have in Their Cabinet - January 16, 2021
porno · November 12, 2020 at 4:18 pm
Very good article. I am going through a few of these issues as well.. Christin Van Barger
porno · November 13, 2020 at 9:19 am
Great, thanks for sharing this blog. Really thank you! Keep writing. Karole Britt Eldwin
erotik · November 15, 2020 at 11:38 am
Excellent article! We are linking to this particularly great post on our site. Keep up the good writing. Terri Worth Mauve
Cherron Lucas, RDH, MBA · November 28, 2020 at 10:07 pm
sikis izle · November 15, 2020 at 6:22 pm
I believe you have mentioned some very interesting details , appreciate it for the post. Berri Killian Beshore
Cherron Lucas, RDH, MBA · November 28, 2020 at 10:07 pm