Hey moms! The day I decided to eat more healthy I decided to go vegan. I won’t lie it was so hard. I had the taste to eat meat and seafood. The biggest issue for me and most moms is learning how to properly prepare vegan meals so they will taste scrumptious. A lot of moms had concerns on what spices, seasoning , and herbs to use. Below is some wonderful vegan recipes from some of the best vegan cooks.
EGGLESS BREAKFAST TACO RECIPE
- 2 cups cubed sweet potatoes, about 1/2 inch
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup black beans
- 1/2 cup refried beans
- 1 teaspoon avocado oil or vegan butter
- 1 cup JUST Egg
- 1/8 cup diced onions
- 1 fresh diced jalapeño (seeds removed for less heat)
- 1 avocado, thinly sliced
- Any other mix-ins (spinach, salsa, cheese, cilantro)
- 8 corn tortillas
- Pre-heat oven to 400°. Toss sweet potato cubes with olive oil and a little salt and pepper. Place on a large baking sheet in a single layer and roast 15-20 minutes, until browned and tender.
- Meanwhile, add black beans to a small saucepan and bring to a simmer over medium heat until warm. Heat refried beans in the same manner.
- When the sweet potato is cooked and the beans are warm, heat a large skillet over medium heat. Coat evenly with a bit of butter or oil. Toss diced onions and jalapeño to the skillet and gently cook until translucent.
- Shake the bottle of JUST Egg well. Pour the desired amount until the skillet on top of the onion mixture. Shake the skillet to distribute the liquid evenly and let it sit for a moment before stirring.
- Scramble like an egg, scraping and pulling mixture across pan, while still letting the JUST Egg heat evenly until set. When the liquid iIs about halfway cooked through, add in spinach if desired. Scramble until all the liquid is just cooked through. Use the spatula to break the scramble up into fluffy, bite-sized pieces. Remove from heat.
- Heat tortillas one by one over gas stovetop flame or wrap and heat in the microwave, then top each one with scrambled egg, sweet potatoes and veggies. Sprinkle vegan cheese on top and garnish with salsa, cilantro and squeezed lime.
𝐑𝐚𝐢𝐧𝐛𝐨𝐰 𝐓𝐚𝐜𝐨𝐬 𝐖𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐓𝐞𝐦𝐩𝐞𝐡, 𝐅𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐡 𝐌𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐨 𝐒𝐚𝐥𝐬𝐚, 𝐀𝐯𝐨𝐜𝐚𝐝𝐨 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐂𝐚𝐬𝐡𝐞𝐰 𝐂𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐦
Tempeh „Taco Meat“
- 1 package of tempeh
- 1 tbsp avocado oil (optional)
- 1/4 cup salsa
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tbsp coconut aminos
- 1/2 tbsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp sweet paprika
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp chili
- 1 ripe but firm mango
- 1 small red onion
- Juice of 1 lime
- Fresh cilantro (about 2-3 tbsp chopped)
- 1 red chili (seeded) or jalapeño
- 1/2 cup raw cashews (soaked for easier blending)
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- Salt to taste
- Blend up everything until smooth!_____________________________________
Tempeh „Taco Meat“:
Finely chop tempeh or use the pulse function on your food processor to achieve ground texture.
Heat up avocado oil (if using) and pan fry ground tempeh until it is starting to brown. Add all spices and stir for another minute. Stir in salsa and water and cook for a few more minutes.
Finely dice onion, add it to a small bowl and sprinkle it with salt and lime juice. Dice mango and chili, chop cilantro and add it to the bowl as well.
Assemble tacos with some fresh greens and avocado slices
Tropical Nourish Bowl with Crispy Glazed Tempeh, Plantains, Black Beans, Kale Salad, Avocado and Cilantro Lime Quinoa
- Cilantro Lime Quinoa: Cooked quinoa mixed with lime juice, fresh cilantro, salt
- Plantains: Very ripe plantains pan fried until slightly caramelized in a non stick pan
- (Depending on your pan use a tiny bit of avocado oil)
- Tempeh: Cut into slices, then pan fried in a non stick pan from both sides until golden brown, add your choice of sauce at the very end to glaze*
- (Optional: soak tempeh block first in hot water for 10 minutes to remove some of its bitterness)
- Kale salad: washed and chopped kale, massaged with lemon juice, 1/4 of an avocado and sea salt
- Black beans: Avocado with lime Juice and chili flakes
- Top with salsa lizano or hot sauce
Plantains with Chunky Guacamole
by: Cooking. For Peanuts
- 1 Ripe Plantain
- 1 Avocado
- 1/4 Minced Jalapeño
- 1/4 Diced Tomatoes
- 2 tbsp diced red onion
- 1 tbsp chopped cilantro
- 2 tsp fresh lime juice
- Simply slice very ripe plantains to desired thickness (the thinner, the crispier). (Optional: brush with a little oil but not necessary.)
- Cook in air fryer at 400F until golden brown, about 15 minutes. 🌱Chunky guacamole: Mash 1 large avocado with a fork into large chunks. Add deseeded finely minced jalapeño, diced tomatoes, diced red onion, chopped cilantro, fresh lime juice, salt and black pepper to taste.
- Using an air fryer is healthier and the plantains are crisper. I use the Ninja Max XL Air Fryer that Cooks, Crisps, Roasts, Broils, Bakes, Reheats and Dehydrates; it does it all.
Sponge Cake (1 layer)
- WET INGREDIENTS
- Dairy-free milk (I used soy milk) … 100cc(100g)
- Apple cider vinegar … 1.5 tsp or lemon juice 1 tsp
- Unsweetened applesauce … 4 tbsp (75g)
- DRY INGREDIENTS
- Almond flour … 90g
- Cacao powder … 17g
- Espresso powder … 1 tsp
- Potato starch (not flour) … 35g
- Cornstarch … 1 tbsp
- Cane sugar … 50g
- Baking powder … 1/3 tsp
- Baking soda … 1/4 tsp
- Salt … a pinch
How to make the cream
⚫︎ Cashew nuts …500g (Soak overnight)
⚫︎ Lemon (juice) … 18g
⚫︎ Coconut cream … 200g
⚫︎ Medium firm Tofu … 170g (Press to remove moisture)
⚫︎ Cane sugar … 180g
⚫︎ Coconut yogurt … 100g
⚫︎ Rum … 1-2 tbs
⚫︎ Salt … 1/4 tsp
⚫︎ Maple syrup … 1 tsp
⑴ Mix everything in a blender into a smooth cream.
⚫︎ Strong coffee … 100 cc
⚫︎ Agave syrup … any amount you like
⚫︎ Rum … 1 tbs
⑴ Mix everything
How to arrange and layer the Tiramisu
⑴ First, add the base layer of the sponge cake, brush on the coffee syrup then add a layer of cream on top.
⑵ Add another layer of the sponge cake on top, add the coffee syrup and another layer of cream
⑶ Even out the cream layer, sprinkle cacao powder or espresso powder on top to complete.
Chill in the refrigerator or freezer.
- Mix the WET INGREDIENTS and DRY INGREDIENTS respectively.
- Add the contents of ⑴ in a bowl and mix well.
- Place ⑵ in a square baking mold and bake at 350℉ for 15 minutes.
Some of the links on my blog are affiliate links, and at no additional cost to you; however, I will earn a small commission. I only recommend products that I use or will use to my readers. Thanks for your support.
- 5 WAYS MOMS CAN BUILD A POWERFUL IMMUNE SYSTEM - February 7, 2021
- 5 Amazing Pregnancy Exercises to Help Prepare for Labor - January 24, 2021
- 5 Top Vitamins Every Mom Should Have in Their Cabinet - January 16, 2021