As a mom, I didn’t realize how important it is to have a strong immune system. We take it for granted until we need it. I know I did until the global pandemic (COVID-19) came to attack. Now anyone is capable of getting the virus however having a strong immune system can…
- Help prevent you from getting sick
- Help you heal faster
- Fights bacteria, virus or foreign organisms
- Improves cardiovascular systems
- Lower blood pressure
- Control body weight
Garlic is in most of dishes , it’s my secret weapon to keeping me and my family healthy. Some people can eat them plain but I prefer them in a dish. I use a combination of fresh garlic and fresh minced garlic a good brand is spice world. If you aren’t a garlic fan then try garlic pills.
- Lower blood pressure
- Lower cholesterol
- Reduce heart disease
- Improves memory
- Great for colds and flu
- Reduce belly fat and much more
Herby Pasta with Garlic and Green Olives BY ANDY BARAGHANI
- 12oz. pappardelle or other wide noodle
- Kosher salt
- ¼cup extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- 8 garlic cloves, smashed
- 1 cup finely chopped parsley
- 1 cup pitted Castelvetrano olives
- ¼ tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
- 3 Tbsp. unsalted butter, cut into pieces
- 1 cup basil leaves
- 2 tsp. fresh lemon juice
- Cook pasta in a large pot of boiling salted water, stirring occasionally, until very al dente, about 2 minutes less than package directions.
- Meanwhile, heat ¼ cup oil in a large Dutch oven or other heavy pot over medium. Add garlic and cook, stirring often and pressing down on cloves so they make good contact with the bottom of the pot, until golden and soft, about 5 minutes. Add parsley and cook, stirring occasionally, until parsley releases some of its liquid and slightly darkens in color, about 5 minutes. Toss in olives and red pepper flakes and cook another minute to let the flavors meld.
- Using tongs, transfer pasta to pot with sauce and add butter and ½ cup pasta cooking liquid. Cook, tossing and adding more pasta liquid as needed, until each strand of pasta is coated and pasta is al dente, about 4 minutes. Remove pasta from heat and toss in basil, lemon zest, and lemon juice. Taste and season with salt as needed.
- Divide pasta among bowls and drizzle with more oil.
I love and crave fruit, instead of eating a lot of sugary desserts I try to grab some fruit to substitute. You can add it to your water and I usually only eat fruit in the morning with green tea fir my breakfast.
SOME GREAT FRUITS
- Citrus fruits like oranges, lemons….
- Red bell peppers are full of vitamin C
- Acai berry
- Watermelon (MY FAVORITE)
I drink cold green tea with cucumber and a little agave nectar every morning. I prefer cold tea versus hot tea however when I am sick I consume hot tea.
BENEFITS OF GREEN TEA
- Improve brain function
- Burn fat
- Reduce cancer risk with antioxidants
- Helps with brain aging, check out a blog post for tea brands below;
BENFITS OF GINGER
- Weight loss
- Treat chronic indigestion
- Fight flu and common cold
- Helps digestive tract
- And much more..
I usually add ginger to my smoothies, hot tea, some dishes like curry, soups, and stews and at time straight raw. Here is a video to show you how to prepare raw ginger.
Immunity shots or Enhancers
Where can you get them at:
- Local smoothie shops
- Smoothie King
- Just Made Juice
Some of the links on my blog are affiliate links, and at no additional cost to you however, I will earn a small commission. I only recommend products that I use or will use to my readers. Thanks for your support.
- 5 WAYS MOMS CAN BUILD A POWERFUL IMMUNE SYSTEM - February 7, 2021
- 5 Amazing Pregnancy Exercises to Help Prepare for Labor - January 24, 2021
- 5 Top Vitamins Every Mom Should Have in Their Cabinet - January 16, 2021