Hey moms! I understand the stress of being a new mom, a wife, having kids with special needs, a blended family and more. I have been or seen it all. I like to think I am the queen at mastering stress. The truth is I have been through so many stressful events throughout my young life, I naturally found ways to help me keep from going crazy. Being healthy is more than eating a good diet, it’s also about being able to deal with stress in a positive way. In this article I will share some techniques that has help me in the worst times in my life.
* Fun Facts
- Meditation– To be able to clear your thoughts and focus on an object, a sound or breathing. I choose to breathe and I like smells. For example, a vanilla or calming candle. Candles always help me to relax and focus. I prefer silence over sounds (ocean). Some people like repetitive chants and gongs. There are many ways, but I focus on quietness, and sometimes my kids join me as well. They think its nap time lol but enjoys spending time with me, and the experience.
Benefits: Reduce blood pressure, improve blood circulation, reduce anxiety, lower heart rate, reduce stress and more…
* Meditation can be more effective than pain
2. Yoga– Physical and mental exercise that unites the body. I love yoga and I usually practice yoga before bed. It’s easier to relax when hubby and kiddos are sleeping. I like to use the yoga app, Pocket Yoga and Yoga Studio. Pocket Yoga is like having a yoga instructor on call. They will guide you through each pose and the correct technique. The yoga studio offers both meditation and yoga together. You can choose from many courses or you can build your own.
Benefits: Increases flexibility, increase muscle tone, weight loss, and manage stress.
* Practicing yoga can delay aging
3. Laughter– Have you heard of the old saying, “laughter is good for the soul”. I truly believe in that saying. Any time I feel down I find a comedy movie or show. Right now, my favorite standup is Dave Chapelle and my favorite movie is Liar, Liar with Jim Carrey. My kids can always make me laugh, the things they say.
Benefits: relax the whole body, boost the immune system, release endorphins, burns calories, reliefs stress, reduces anger.
* Laughter is a sound which does not have any language
4. Massages– If anyone knows me, then you know I love massages. It’s so relaxing and rejuvenating. I prefer deep tissue massage, but you must try hot stone massages and Vichy Shower Massage. During the Vichy Shower treatment, you lie on a padded table, with seven shower jets above you. This water massage treatment is particularly effective following a body scrub or wrap. Hot Stone Massage is that the direct heat of the stones relaxes muscles, allowing the therapist access to deeper muscle layers. You can add on a deep massage with this treatment, ask your massage therapist.
Benefits: Decreases pain and muscle spasms, reduces chronic stress, eliminate toxins, improve sleep, and reduce fatigue.
* Touch is the first feeling that develops in the human body and the last to fade away. Any type of touch can reduce the heart rate, it can lower chances for depression and lower blood pressure.
5. Lavender oil– Lavender oil is one of my favorites. I love to sprinkle some on my sheets before bed. It helps me to relax and sleep. You can also put in oil or bath water to help relax along with burning a lavender vanilla candle. This is my idea of a fun night! Learn how you can clean with lavender.
Benefits: help reduce anxiety, headache relief, helps with an
* Is grown in Northern Africa and Mediterranean Mountains
Powerfitnessmom Subscription box
Some of the links on my blog are affiliate links, and at no additional cost to you however, I will earn a small commission. I only recommend products that I use or will use to my readers. Thanks for your support.
What are the main causes of stress?
3. Bad Health *
5 Signs of stress?
3. Low immune systems
5. Feeling overwhelmed