Cabbage soup is big deal at my home especially during the winter. The soup is healthy and a comfort food to your soul. Cabbage soup is said to originate in Russia. The soup was reasonable to make and could fill a large family. I decided to make this soup with my own twist, but I kept some authentic ingredients. Make sure you subscribe for more content and products .
Lemons– are great for detoxing, hydration, and adds flavor. I squeeze a fresh, organic lemon on the soup afterwards.
Celery, garlic and onions- I like to sauté onions, shallots, garlic in olive oil to start the soup. Having a nice garlic flavor gives the soup a great tasty base. Onions and garlic are great immune boosters.
Smoke paprika- adds flavor that meat would add if used. It’s a great alternative to meat. I like to use a sweet simply organic, a Spanish paprika. The paprika is important in the dish and is needed.
Dutch Oven Pot Cast Iron – a good pot is a must when cooking. I like to use the pioneer women Dutch pot
Try our other recipes : 6 Amazing Sweet Potato Dishes
*Recommend fresh and organic ingredients
Vegan Cabbage Soup
- ½ Cabbage head (chopped)
- 4 Large Gold Potatoes (chopped in chunks)
- 1 Yellow Onion (chopped)
- 1 Shallot (chopped)
- 1 cup of Celery (chopped)
- 4 Cloves of Garlic
- 3 tbsp of Minced Garlic
- 3 Bay Leaves
- 1 bundle of Green Onions
- 1 cup of fresh chopped Carrots or Baby Carrots
- 4 cups of Vegetable Broth
- 1 tbsp of Olive Oil
- 1 cup of fresh Parsley
- 1 Lemon
- Take a Dutch pot, sauté yellow onions, shallots, garlic cloves & minced, and celery in olive oil. Sauté for about 1 minute (low heat)
- Add vegetable broth, cabbage, potatoes, Bay leaves and carrots bring to a boil (med heat, then turn to low heat)
- Once the potatoes are soft add fresh parsley, cook for 5 minutes
- Squeeze lemon over the soup, add green onions on top. Salt to taste. Serve
Some of the links on my blog are affiliate links, and at no additional cost to you; however, I will earn a small commission. I only recommend products that I use or will use to my readers. Thanks for your support.
- 5 Top Vitamins Every Mom Should Have in Their Cabinet - January 16, 2021
- 5 Incredible Air fryers for Moms and Some Delicious Recipes - January 9, 2021
- Tuscan Shrimp and Red Skin Mashed Potatoes - December 19, 2020